On this occasion, I will explain how to install the ECG well and correctly according to the procedure. The correct EKG lead installation procedure needs to pay attention carefully because this step is the determinants of the ECG print result later which is the material to interpret the patient’s heart.
It is important to pay attention to ECG installation that can be done only if the doctor has made the instructions, as indicated, and is done by a professional.
Electrocardiogram (ECG) is a graphic made by an electrocardiograph, which records the electrical activity of the heart at a certain time. Analysis of the amount of wave and normal depolarization and repolarization vector produces important diagnostic information.
If you are looking for a medical equipment installation service, you will use services from TECDIS. They are specialist logistics companies that you can trust to complete a variety of jobs. Not only that, TECDIS is a Delivery installation specialist that can help you do a variety of installation, start from Kiosk, health tools, and others. For more information about TECDIS, you can contact TECDIS at +44 1784 422960
Benefits of Electrocardiogram
• Is a gold standard for the diagnosis of heart arrhythmias
• The ECG guides the level of absorption and risk of patients with suspected acute heart infarction
• ECG helps disrupt electrolytes (eg hyperkalemia and hypokalemia)
• The ECG allows the discovery of conduction abnormalities (eg left and right branch blocks)
• ECG is used as a screening device for heart disease during a heart test
• ECG is sometimes useful for detecting heart disease (eg pulmonary embolism or hypothermia)
The electrocardiogram does not directly assess cardiac contractility. However, an ECG can provide a complete indication of the ups and downs of contractility.
Procedure / How to install ECG
1. Set the patient’s position, position the fowler or spread
2. Open the whole patient’s cloth or open in the chest only.
3. Clean the dirt by using the sterile-gauze on the chest area, both wrist, and ankle, or the location will be installed with the electrode.
4. Apply the xylocaine gel to the surface of the electrodes.
5. Install the electrode cuff in the wrist and ankle.
6. Install the arde
7. Turn on the ECG monitor.
8. Connect the cable to the patient’s wrist and the patient’s leg, for the recording of the lead’s extremities (Lead I, II, III, AVR, AVL, AVF)
in a way :
• Pinch / red cuff on the right wrist
• Green pin/cuff on the left ankle
• Black pin/cuff on the right ankle.
• Yellow pin/cuff on the hand wrist.
• Install chest electrodes for recording lead pericardial
That is how to install ECG well and correctly according to the procedure. Good luck.